Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2016, 11:06 PM   #1

Static When Using Radio Presets

We recently picked up our Roo 21DK and I noticed tonight that if I set and use the radio presets in the unit that every preset comes in with a lot of static, even using the knob and turning it to the station comes in with a lot of static. If I use the seek buttons to get to the station they come in fine. If I change the preset off that station or switch to FM2 I can then use the knob to go to that station and it comes in fine. Just wandering if anyone else had this issue or if I should be looking at having the radiounit replaced.
- 2001 Coleman Utah (SOLD)
HostileJava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 11:25 PM   #2

Sounds like it's defective.
Get it to the dealer for replacement under warranty.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 11:38 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Sounds like it's defective.
Get it to the dealer for replacement under warranty.
Thanks,

We are going for our first shake down trip this weekend and I'll be making note of any other issues that arise. At that point I plan on contacting them to handle everything that we have encountered and possibly will encounter during this trip. It's the first trip with this camper and our last trip of the season so it will be a good time to leave it with them afterwards.
Old 10-11-2016, 11:55 PM   #4

A good dealer is hard to find but it sounds like you have a great one.
Yes, make a list of all the stuff that is wrong as well as a list of things you need help understanding. But coming here is also a great source.

FYI in case you need help in the future.

Forest River Warranty Contact for Roo
Teri Manges
tmanges@forestriverinc.com
Phone 574-642-8945
Fax 574-322-6759
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:35 AM   #5

It could well be a defective radio causing your problem. However, you mentioned tuning the radio in the evening. Do you have LED lighting and if so, were they turned on when you were tuning the radio. If that were the case, you may want to try tuning the radio with the lights off and see if the LEDs are causing the radio interference.
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:41 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenJoe View Post
It could well be a defective radio causing your problem. However, you mentioned tuning the radio in the evening. Do you have LED lighting and if so, were they turned on when you were tuning the radio. If that were the case, you may want to try tuning the radio with the lights off and see if the LEDs are causing the radio interference.
The lights were on throughout the entire test. When using the preset button I got the station but also a lot of static, when tuning manually i got no static with the station. It's almost as if when using the preset it was tuning the frequency slightly off. Like it was going to 104.0 instead of 104.1 but was displaying correctly.

Tags
radio