Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2012, 11:08 AM   #1
Survery 294

Question Surveyor 294 window latches

I'm not sure my window latches are functioning properly. With the window latch 'secured' in the down position, there seems to be no notch/cut-out for the backside lever to recede into. It merely creates a sizeable gap with the outer window, say 3/4 of an inch. This is for every window in my camper, except that the emergency window in the back seems to have the slot and function/secure properly.

This means I can open any window from the outside, regardless of whether it is latched. Helpful when we left our keys elsewhere, but generally an unfavorable condition.

Anyone have similar configuration? I can't imagine that's the correct way for the windows to secure. Since they're not secure. In fact, I leave them unlatched because otherwise the dang bugs come right in.
LisaChris2711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:19 AM   #2

This is not normal. I have 1 window in my trailer like this. I have to physically push as hard as I can to get the window closed enough so the latch will drop into its slot and lock shut. No one else in my family can close this window but me and I'm a 230 lb guy. This is 1 of the issues I will be pursuing this fall when the trailer goes back to the dealership for repairs. If this is a new trailer still on warranty I would bring this up with your RV dealership.You can also contact Kristin or Susan at Surveyor and discuss the trouble with them.

Susan - sthornberg@forestriverinc.com
Kristin - kgriffin@forestriverinc.com
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 CC Outdoorsman
PrairieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:41 PM   #3

one of my windows was doing this when it was new, and I would have to press the window pretty hard in order for the latch to engage properly. Now after a year, it seems to be better.

Without being excessive, or enough to break anything, try sliding the window closed more forcefully and see if it engages. The windows might be getting stuck in the seals and not closing all the way.
SCOC is offline   Reply With Quote