Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2016, 07:59 PM   #1

Does anyone know who makes this Faucet?

We broke one of the handles on our Flagstaff Microlite.
Anyone know what brand faucet this is?

STL-UltraLite25KS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 08:02 PM   #2

Just go buy a good one from Home Depot or Lowes. The ones in rvs are cheap. You can put regular household ones in RVs. You may be able to find replacement handle at CW or Lowes or HD.
2020 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 08:18 PM   #3

Thanks, but I only have 1 side broken, and it's just the handle, and would screw back on, if I could find it. I am not interested in 3-4 hours of work (took me this long in my regular kitchen) if I can just screw on a new handle. Except, I can't figure out the brand, to then order replacement.
Old 04-24-2016, 08:25 PM   #4

you will end up replacing the whole faucet sooner or later, as those in RVs are junk. Took me 30-45 minutes. Should be easy for you to do.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 08:31 PM   #5
Director, FROG

Try contacting Fred Yoder or Roger Beiler at the Flagstaff Service Center. Give him the last seven digits of the VIN, and he might be able to help you.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 08:43 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
you will end up replacing the whole faucet sooner or later, as those in RVs are junk. Took me 30-45 minutes. Should be easy for you to do.
X2, basic plumbing skills. 30 minutes tops.
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 08:46 PM   #7
Who Dares, Wins

When I had a crack on my mini light, looked like that facet, it was not serviceable since they since changed suppliers (trailer was less than a year old) . Needed to buy a whole new faucet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 08:55 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
When I had a crack on my mini light, looked like that facet, it was not serviceable since they since changed suppliers (trailer was less than a year old) . Needed to buy a whole new faucet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Damn. Hoping this is not the case. Really don't want to try and replace the faucet.
Old 04-24-2016, 08:58 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL-UltraLite25KS View Post
Damn. Hoping this is not the case. Really don't want to try and replace the faucet.
like I said...replace it now or replace it later. When I had to replace mine because of the mess it was making, it was during a camping trip. Replace yours while you are at home.

Old 04-25-2016, 06:22 AM   #10

Took me about 30 minutes to install a new kitchen faucet and about 20 minutes for the bathroom one. Got them both at HD.
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 03:17 PM   #11

After exchanging some emails with Forest River, it appears this is supplied by David Carter.

Forest River said they could sell me a new faucet, but after looking at it, it doesn't match exactly, so I can't just Frankenstein parts from it. Apparently, the new model, doesn't have the same handles.

However, after a Google search, I found a great customer service person at Dave Carter, and he identified the faucet and is mailing me 2 new handles.

I understand everyone's suggestion to just replace the whole thing, however, I am trading this camper in very soon (Ordered a new Jayco) and I am not interested in spending all that time installing a faucet, I may never use.
I know everyone says it's a 30 minute install, but like I said, it took me 4 hours to change my kitchen faucet, and that has a much larger cabinet, than my trailer. There is no way I could do this in 30 minutes. I know my skills, which are limited at best.

Thanks for the help people.
Old 04-25-2016, 03:26 PM   #12

"Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand all the problems."
Glad you stuck to your guns.. No telling how the "standard plumbing" was done in your RV.. And I agree, getting under that small cabinet is a chore for me...

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 08:03 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL-UltraLite25KS View Post
After exchanging some emails with Forest River, it appears this is supplied by David Carter.

Forest River said they could sell me a new faucet, but after looking at it, it doesn't match exactly, so I can't just Frankenstein parts from it. Apparently, the new model, doesn't have the same handles.

However, after a Google search, I found a great customer service person at Dave Carter, and he identified the faucet and is mailing me 2 new handles.

I understand everyone's suggestion to just replace the whole thing, however, I am trading this camper in very soon (Ordered a new Jayco) and I am not interested in spending all that time installing a faucet, I may never use.
I know everyone says it's a 30 minute install, but like I said, it took me 4 hours to change my kitchen faucet, and that has a much larger cabinet, than my trailer. There is no way I could do this in 30 minutes. I know my skills, which are limited at best.

Thanks for the help people.

The answers on changing your faucet were good suggestions. I, as most here were looking at this for a long term bases of using the faucet. We had no idea (or did I miss those statements) that you were trading this unit and would not use it again. Why are fixing stuff now on a unit that you have traded in on a Jayco that has been ordered. It seems that you are doing a lot of work with no reward. Glue or tape the old handle on and say good bye to the camper. If I knew from the first that you were (or had) traded the unit, there would have been no reason to suggest a new GOOD faucet.

Enjoy your new unit.

Old 04-26-2016, 11:14 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
The answers on changing your faucet were good suggestions. I, as most here were looking at this for a long term bases of using the faucet. We had no idea (or did I miss those statements) that you were trading this unit and would not use it again. Why are fixing stuff now on a unit that you have traded in on a Jayco that has been ordered. It seems that you are doing a lot of work with no reward. Glue or tape the old handle on and say good bye to the camper. If I knew from the first that you were (or had) traded the unit, there would have been no reason to suggest a new GOOD faucet.

Enjoy your new unit.
Brother Les.. Chill man. The OP asked a simple question and got the right answer from people who knew who could help him. I think in the end he felt obliged to explain his reason but did not owe that to you or any of us.

Maybe the OP wants the unit to be in good shape before he sells it to someone else. I sure would hate to buy a used unit from you because no telling what had been taped and glued together. Might find the faucet glued to the sink when I went to do that simple, basic, plumbing repair...

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 09:14 PM   #15
WFD

I was looking at my bathroom sink faucet tonight with the thought of changing it. The cold supply line is a flexible line but the hot supply is pex. I imagine a new faucet will have it's threads sit either a bit lower or higher than the current faucet,making the current pex line either too short or too long, so the current hot supply line will likely have to be altered??? Those of you who have changed out your faucets....did you find you had to re-plumb the lines?
Old 05-05-2016, 04:36 AM   #16

Most RV faucets are pretty much standard. The flexible line on the cold was probably a factory floor mistake (made the cold leg too short and had to go with a flex line). They are always PEX. I would just buy the faucet you like with knowing you might have to buy a flex line for the hot side to extend if needed.
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 07:54 AM   #17
Site Team

I changed the faucet in the bathroom vanity for a long neck model and both lines were PEX, but they both had enough give in them to connect to the new faucet. The supply nipples were the same length on both faucets. And they're pretty standard.

Tags
faucet