Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2016, 07:17 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbunch View Post
Check the bushbunch posts on this thread
Thanks. I'm the one who originally gave info to the OP for his problem and I'm glad you have been helped. I guess I should have known the lower panel would start peeling as well. I'll contact Forest River Monday to see what they'll do to replace it.
gfarmcafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 08:58 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpep View Post
If it is not a known issue can it be a wax or soap or something that created this ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I personally have not put any wax on the nosecone area, so am assuming that it is not from wax.
Miles39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 09:57 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles39 View Post
I personally have not put any wax on the nosecone area, so am assuming that it is not from wax.
Me too. I wash our trailer once or twice a year using Gel-Gloss Wash and Wax. It says it's for all fiberglass and metal surfaces. I rinse everything thoroughly and wipe dry where I can reach. I wouldn't think this would affect the paint.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:30 AM   #24
Salem Cruise Lite Owner

Salem Cruise Lite Peeling

The term "known issue" is from my dealer who, including myself, must have repaired seven or eight trailers with the peeling issue. The fact that FR paid for the repair, parts and labor (and I'm very grateful btw), one year out of warranty, proves to me that there is nothing I did or could have done, that would have prevented the peeling. Everything. including decals, from the roof to the bottom was replaced, resealed and pressure checked.
Bushbunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 11:26 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbunch View Post
The term "known issue" is from my dealer who, including myself, must have repaired seven or eight trailers with the peeling issue. The fact that FR paid for the repair, parts and labor (and I'm very grateful btw), one year out of warranty, proves to me that there is nothing I did or could have done, that would have prevented the peeling. Everything. including decals, from the roof to the bottom was replaced, resealed and pressure checked.
My feelings as well. I just got approval from FR this morning to contact our dealer and have them submit estimates. Sounds like they'll take care of it. Thanks for you input.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:04 PM   #26

Update

I was notified today, by our dealer, that Forest River will cover the cost of replacement of the lower panel and other related parts and decals. Don't know how long that'll be, but I'll keep you updated. I must say they've been good to work with given the trailer is out of warranty.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:50 AM   #27

peeling paint

Yes Miles39, We have the same problem with our 2016 Salem 29RKSS. I am just in the process of contacting Forest River myself. Did you deal with Jeff Mc Michael ?
flagstafffamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 02:30 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles39 View Post
Purchased a 2016 Salem 27RKSS. We have had it for just a year. a went through a rain Strom in N. Dakota and noticed the paint was peeling off.the front other the trailer. Has anyone else experienced this problem. I have contacted my dealer and am waiting to hear back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfarmcafe View Post
Yes, we had the same thing happen on our 2015 Salem Cruise Lite last April. Went through a thunderstorm and the paint peeled on the nose cone. After talking to our dealer, who couldn't help us, we contacted Forest River and they sent a new panel to a local Forest River body shop and they installed it at no cost to us and in a timely manner. The body shop told us they hadn't primed the panel before painting, so it eventually peeled. They should do the same for you. Take a picture of it like below and send it with your email. If you need names, I think I still have a contact person at FR. He was good to work with. Good Luck.
My boyfriend and I purchased 2016 Salem Forest River last July. He recently went thru a bad rain storm and the same thing happened. If you have any contact information, we would greatly appreciate any help. Pretty disappointing.
darnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 02:52 PM   #29

We purchased a 2017 Forest River Evo in September 2016. We noticed the peeling paint on front panel in June. Took it to the dealer and they have been waiting for over 7 weeks for new panels from the factory. It is covered by warranty, but the waiting is ridiculous, especially since it is summer and we'd like to use it. We would actually prefer to have the dealer paint it, as we are concerned that the new panel will also peel, but have to go with the warranty. Poor customer service from Forest River.
Dennis C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 04:15 PM   #30

So Forest River is only wanting to pay $5,000 towards our paint peeling problem. Do you happen to remember any details on your repair like how many hours it took for the repairs to be made, labor etc?? Thank you so much.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:16 PM   #31

Do you happen to know how many hours and how many men they are allocating to repair your paint peeling problem? They are only wanting to pay $5,000 and our camper repair place said they can't do it for that.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:17 PM   #32

Hi there. OUr camper repair place isn't willing to accept what Forest River wants to pay them to repair our paint peeling. Do you happen to know how many hours or how many people it took to repair yours?
Old 08-16-2017, 08:02 PM   #33
Salem Cruise Lite Owner

Paint peeling problem reply

I'm sorry. We received no itemized bill whatsoever. The repair is now one year old and is holding up very well. Our dealer, repair center is Keystone RV Supercenter in Greencastle, PA. They treated us VERY WELL and interacted with
Forest River directly.
Bushbunch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
salem