Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2016, 09:15 PM   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrzasa View Post
Do you happen to know the overall dimensions of the two recliners with the table in the middle?

We are going to replace the sofa in our Isata 5 with a pair of recliners and they look great.

If they would fit in my opening i'd look to buy those to replace my sofa.
Hi there - we take delivery on Friday and will be happy to report the dimensions.
Jasonhardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:21 AM   #122
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrzasa View Post
Do you happen to know the overall dimensions of the two recliners with the table in the middle?

We are going to replace the sofa in our Isata 5 with a pair of recliners and they look great.

If they would fit in my opening i'd look to buy those to replace my sofa.
That overall dimension is about 74"...too big for the 5 series sofa replacement. You MIGHT be able to get two single recliners, but the table would never fit.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 07:15 PM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
That overall dimension is about 74"...too big for the 5 series sofa replacement. You MIGHT be able to get two single recliners, but the table would never fit.
Do you happen to know the width of those recliners Brian? Could I purchase them from you if they fit? or could you tell me the part number and vendor and i'll contact them myself.

I believe my opening is 60" wide and 36" deep.
Go Gators
Rrzasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 03:28 PM   #124
Commercial Member

I don't have any interior shots yet, but here is what the cab over bunk looks like from the outside!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20161101_144714.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	261.0 KB
ID:	124611  
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
zgipson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 04:21 PM   #125

I think a live feed web cam in that part of the factory would be awesome.

2016 Dynamax Force. Just-Rite2
Old 11-03-2016, 09:49 PM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgipson View Post
I don't have any interior shots yet, but here is what the cab over bunk looks like from the outside!

That looks nice.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Full Time in the Summer, soon
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 07:37 PM   #127

Isata 3 RW Gravity Fill Spout

We saw a new 2017 Isata 3 RW at our dealer back in July and it featured a Gravity Fill Water Spout to manually fill our fresh water tank. Well we ordered a new motorhome, it just arrived and we got to see it this evening. But we were surprised to see it had no visible Gravity Fill Inlet. Our dealer was closing and no one around to answer a question, so I thought I would throw it out to the forum.
How do you manually fill your rig with water when you are boondocking if your only outlet is a pressurized fill? Unless it is hidden some where, I think we will need some creative upgrade.
Any suggestions on how you fill your water tank without a gravity fill and no pressurized sources?
blanics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 09:02 AM   #128
Commercial Member

I know some dry campers that carry a small 12V pump. That way, they can bring the large water bottles, and pump the water out.

Curious as to how often this actually happens? Who is holding up a 5 gallon jug while it drains into a gravity feed? I'm sure it does in rare cases...maybe more often than I think?

Old 11-07-2016, 09:59 AM   #129

Brian, for sure it is pretty darn hard lifting up our 6 gallon water jug to a gravity feed water spout, but that is what we always did. We are boondockeers and as primary dry campers, along with thousands of others, it was the norm on filling your water tank when away from a water source.

We were sold on a 2017 Isata 3 RW that did indeed feature a gravity fill water spout (also still had the Atwood Tankless)...in fact it is still on the lot. We ordered a new duplicate rig with a few upgrades, Truma Aqua Go, GPS, alum wheels, solar & jacks. The last thing we would have thought it would not have a gravity feel. Could have been a deal breaker to another model.

Why did they discontinue that feature? Your full slide model has one installed in the rear of the coach.

Yes, after seeing our rig, searching the web, we realized that a lightweight transfer pump may be our best option...unless our dealer can add a gravity fill. We ran into an employee at our dealership last night and he looked for 20 minutes for that fill...could not believe that it was without one as he is a "Quartsite" desert boondocker along with those million other snowbirds.

We have our walkthrough today and take possession. Ironically, our shake down cruise was to be all dry camping in a national forest...
Old 11-07-2016, 10:08 AM   #130
Commercial Member

We may look at it in the future, but it was extremely tight in that area and we could not get the slope that we wanted. As such, water can slosh out of the tank in transit. It was determined at that time we would drop the gravity fill until we could find a better solution.

Old 11-07-2016, 10:16 AM   #131

Thanks for the fast reply and insight...won't have the dealer think about a solution. I will purchase a pump today. Change has to be positive...eh?
BTW...kudos to Dynamax...the new coach is beautiful and we can't wait to drive it off the lot.
Old 11-07-2016, 10:27 AM   #132
Commercial Member

well...we hope so. We try to reserve running changes to two areas.
1. more reliable product/easier to use.
2. to solve a complaint or problem. This was the case on the gravity fill...but with any change, there is always a chance (and Murphy's law says its about 99% chance) that solving one problem, inadvertently creates another. Nature of the beast.

Old 11-08-2016, 08:55 AM   #133

Our new Isata 3

Just took delivery of our new Isata 3 24FW,and are already having a blast! We'll be working on continuing the contemporary look inside;. Here's our black bedding with a chinchilla throw. We ll be taking the valence covers to the upholstery shop and covering them in black pleather, ordering a full length lounge style couch and adding Philip's Hue lighting. We'll keep you posted!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2446.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	247.0 KB
ID:	124903  
Old 11-08-2016, 09:10 AM   #134

Looks great so far, comfy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonhardi View Post
Just took delivery of our new Isata 3 24FW,and are already having a blast! We'll be working on continuing the contemporary look inside;. Here's our black bedding with a chinchilla throw. We ll be taking the valence covers to the upholstery shop and covering them in black pleather, ordering a full length lounge style couch and adding Philip's Hue lighting. We'll keep you posted!
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 02:03 PM   #135

Recliners

Hi there Rob & Rosanne!
We'll be replacing the recliners w/in a month's time and they are brand new.
I'll be measuring the recliners in as much detail as I can tonight.
Feel free to contact me directly at jasonhardi@yahoo.com
If these work for you, we can easily work something out.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Jason Hardi
Old 11-08-2016, 02:30 PM   #136

"As for carrying capacity...depends. Each model is weighed and its exact figures are posted on a yellow sticker on the door. That way you know what that exact unit weighs, with all selected options."

That is true, but that is not the whole story.

More of the story is that any mfg can provide the carrying capacity for a base model. Newmar provides such information on their website. Options are add ons.

Regardless, the key is to weigh the unit up with a full load and then deal with the reality and then kick yourself if you got all dreamy eyed with the polish and sparkle. The older one gets, the less we are supposed to be moved by appearances.
Philos3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 09:26 AM   #137

Well we are beginning our 7th day of dry camping in our new Isata 3 RW (northern California and now currently northwestern part of Nevada). Weather has been cool at niight, but above freezing. We are now we will be heading south down through the Eastern Sierras and considering more dry camping. However a front is coming in dropping temps at night to the low 20's. Brian, are the bays in our rig heated when the furnace is on? We will turn on the heating pads on our tanks too. We may elect to spend the next couple of nights in an RV park if dry camping will put our rig's plumbing in harms way. We are full on propane. So far the motorhome has performed flawlessly, solar panels keeping batteries charged and holding tanks suffice for more than 3 days.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:31 AM   #138
Commercial Member

Glad to hear things have been going well. The bays are not heated. The heating pads will work on the black/gray/fresh...but could drain the batteries pretty quick in really cold weather.

The primary issue however is the fresh water lines...those are the weak link in my opinion. If you can keep base cabinet doors open, that will certainly help, but some of those lines run through chases/cavities/floor and there is not a great way to get air in there.

Keep the heat up and cabinets open.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:55 AM   #139

Cold Weather Camping

Thanks Brian for that insight. We will spend the next 2-3 nights connected trying to stay snug as a bug. We have a tiny low voltage space heater, that although does not put out alot of heat, keeps air warm, circulated, doesn't overheat and is extremely safe. Will keep that plugged in one of our bays to assist. In another week our shake down cruise will end. Plan on being back on the road early December again.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:12 AM   #140

blanics,

My impression is that you would be well advised to promptly move down to lower elevations.

bclemens' reply and your question makes it obvious you did not purchase the unit with the understanding that it was prepped for freezing temperatures and iced/snowed roads.

If there is any warnings for snow, black ice, etc. don't take any risks.
Philos3 is offline   Reply With Quote