Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2015, 07:54 AM   #1

Fresh water line squeezed between frame and floor during manufacturing

I have a 2014 Cherokee 28wp that developed low water pressure sometimes. The pressure line was squeezed between the floor and frame and when you put the slide out it relieved some of the pressure squishing the lines allowing water to pass through. I took it to Lakeshore RV in Muskegon where they repaired, took pictures and sent in for warrantee. It's been since September 2014 and still get the run around from dealer who blames Forest River. Anyone have similar problems?
Husqvarna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 08:06 AM   #2

Do you want paid or just want to place blame in proper place? I take it the issue is Fixed! Was the Dealer who fixed it your Dealer that sold it to you? Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 08:10 AM   #3
Site Team

We're curious if you're out of pocket for repair?? Was the dealer who repaired it not a Forest River dealer?
2016 Evergreen Everlite 242RBS
29' empty nest model. Blue Ox WD hitch
(1 queen bed, large main cabin and huge bathroom)
Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-41, 2021-49, 2022-43, 2023-66
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 08:15 AM   #4

Information might be too old, but found these contacts on the forum...

Cherokee, 402 Lehman Ave. Topeka, IN 46571 (260) 593-4001
Product Warranty Administrator E-mail Phone # Fax #

Grey Wolf (IN) Cascade Marc Vendl greywolfwarranty@forestriverinc.com
260-593-4001 574-343-5957

Vengeance, V-Cross Jamie Tetzloff
Vengeancewarranty@forestriverinc.com 260-593-4001 574-970-6879

Cherokee, V-Cross Keith Blankenship
cherokeekwarranty@forestriverinc.com 260-593-4001 574-970-6879

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 08:32 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Do you want paid or just want to place blame in proper place? I take it the issue is Fixed! Was the Dealer who fixed it your Dealer that sold it to you? Youroo!!

I would like FR to pay for the repair. The mistake was made during manufacturing and don't feel I did anything to create this problem.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:34 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
Information might be too old, but found these contacts on the forum...

Cherokee, 402 Lehman Ave. Topeka, IN 46571 (260) 593-4001
Product Warranty Administrator E-mail Phone # Fax #

Grey Wolf (IN) Cascade Marc Vendl greywolfwarranty@forestriverinc.com
260-593-4001 574-343-5957

Vengeance, V-Cross Jamie Tetzloff
Vengeancewarranty@forestriverinc.com 260-593-4001 574-970-6879

Cherokee, V-Cross Keith Blankenship
cherokeekwarranty@forestriverinc.com 260-593-4001 574-970-6879

Thank you for the warrantee info, I'll write to him right away. Thank you
Old 03-07-2015, 08:38 AM   #7

Yes, I had to pay for the repair which was only $300.00. I'm a master mechanic that actually found the problem for them so I saved them some time diagnosing. When I received trailer back from dealer I crawled underneath and found that they never taped up where they made the repairs. When I do a repair, I repair it correct the first time and it's quality work. Maybe my expectations are too high😊
Old 03-07-2015, 08:45 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post
We're curious if you're out of pocket for repair?? Was the dealer who repaired it not a Forest River dealer?

Sorry, yes it was a Forest River Dealer that made the repair
Old 03-07-2015, 08:57 AM   #9
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husqvarna View Post
Yes, I had to pay for the repair which was only $300.00. I'm a master mechanic that actually found the problem for them so I saved them some time diagnosing. When I received trailer back from dealer I crawled underneath and found that they never taped up where they made the repairs. When I do a repair, I repair it correct the first time and it's quality work. Maybe my expectations are too high��
Not to be flippant, but if you found it, sounds like you would have been better off fixing it the right way yourself. I understand you didn't cause the problem and the warranty should fix it, but in my experience with dealers, if I can fix it, I don't mess with their incompetence. Just give me the parts, I'll install it.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:00 AM   #10

Quote:
I would like FR to pay for the repair. The mistake was made during manufacturing and don't feel I did anything to create this problem.
Your Dealer knows the procedure for (Proper Repair Request) from F/R! Contact F/R Warr.1st,Get Authorization & #,take pics. NOW if it is some other situation (You) can contact F/R and go thru the SAME process,the ONLY difference is YOU PAY the repair shop and (F/R will REIMBURSE YOU) it will take some time but if You have your (Authorization#) you WILL be Paid! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 09:47 AM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I'm not sure why you paid the bill?
There shouldn't have been one.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 01:52 PM   #12

Had same thing on 2006 Sierra where the cold and hot water lines run under the slide. The 2X6 that the slide rests on on the trailer floor has a channel milled in it and the hot water line had gotten out of the track and pinched between metal floor support and 2X6. I fixed it may self as I have never had any luck getting warranty work done on any trailer I have had. I guess you need to check them out before you buy them and have everything fixed before you sign on the dotted line.
Ke5rbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 06:41 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
I'm not sure why you paid the bill?
There shouldn't have been one.
I would venture to guess that the dealer told the OP that there was a doubt as to whether it was a warranted condition.....so they wanted to be paid in case FR didn't pay the dealer, and charged the customer at the time of service. The customer (rightfully so) is wanting his money back from Forest River....and probably feels he is getting the runaround now, which he could be. Since the dealer had been paid, they may not feel like expending the resources in hounding FR for repayment for the customer. It is also a good check and balance thing for the OP to get in touch with FR to make sure they haven't paid a claim on his trailer to the dealer already.

I encounter some similar things with tires. There are occasions when a problem arises that may or may not be covered by the tire manufacturer. We tell the customer that we will try to get it covered under warranty, and if the manufacturer does, then it is all good. Sometimes the manufacturer will deny the claim, or pay a lot less than is required. The only way we (as a dealer) can get our money is to charge the customer upfront....then see what happens with the manufacturer. If we get paid, then we refund the customer his money. I have been burned for many a dollar by not doing it this way.

Try adjusting a $250 dollar tire and then have the manufacturer deny the adjustment claim. You then call the customer, who you let drive away without paying you upfront (since adjustments take a while, sometimes months) and tell them they have to come back and pay you the $250. Well, not only will they not come back, they will never buy another tire from you, as they know you will try to get that $250 from them if they ever come thru your doors again. So, as a business, you've lost that $250 and a customer. It's a losing proposition, when you were just trying to help the customer initially. You would have been better to just tell the customer no at the onset, and even if you lost the customer if they get mad, you didn't have to actually pay $250 for them to leave. Money will always come between the dealer/customer relationship.

It kind of goes with my life motto: "Don't ever loan money to a friend you want to keep a friend."

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 07:47 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
I would venture to guess that the dealer told the OP that there was a doubt as to whether it was a warranted condition.....so they wanted to be paid in case FR didn't pay the dealer, and charged the customer at the time of service. The customer (rightfully so) is wanting his money back from Forest River....and probably feels he is getting the runaround now, which he could be. Since the dealer had been paid, they may not feel like expending the resources in hounding FR for repayment for the customer. It is also a good check and balance thing for the OP to get in touch with FR to make sure they haven't paid a claim on his trailer to the dealer already.

I encounter some similar things with tires. There are occasions when a problem arises that may or may not be covered by the tire manufacturer. We tell the customer that we will try to get it covered under warranty, and if the manufacturer does, then it is all good. Sometimes the manufacturer will deny the claim, or pay a lot less than is required. The only way we (as a dealer) can get our money is to charge the customer upfront....then see what happens with the manufacturer. If we get paid, then we refund the customer his money. I have been burned for many a dollar by not doing it this way.

Try adjusting a $250 dollar tire and then have the manufacturer deny the adjustment claim. You then call the customer, who you let drive away without paying you upfront (since adjustments take a while, sometimes months) and tell them they have to come back and pay you the $250. Well, not only will they not come back, they will never buy another tire from you, as they know you will try to get that $250 from them if they ever come thru your doors again. So, as a business, you've lost that $250 and a customer. It's a losing proposition, when you were just trying to help the customer initially. You would have been better to just tell the customer no at the onset, and even if you lost the customer if they get mad, you didn't have to actually pay $250 for them to leave. Money will always come between the dealer/customer relationship.

It kind of goes with my life motto: "Don't ever loan money to a friend you want to keep a friend."
Good post Bill, I would just add " tell the builder to 'own up', the customer bought the rig as well as the warranty"
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 11:35 PM   #15

Very good analogy. I guess I never thought of it that way. I did write a letter to FR warrantee Rep and I'll just wait for a reply. Thank you to everyone that has replied, I'll keep you posted
Old 03-08-2015, 02:00 AM   #16
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
Good post Bill, I would just add " tell the builder to 'own up', the customer bought the rig as well as the warranty"
(cough) it's Bobby (cough) not Bill (cough).

I think the confusing part is his stupid user name- wmtire = "West Monroe" and not "William" like you'd be led to believe. I say we just call him mean names.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:55 AM   #17
Site Team

Quote:
Very good analogy. I guess I never thought of it that way. I did write a letter to FR warrantee Rep and I'll just wait for a reply. Thank you to everyone that has replied, I'll keep you posted
Please do keep us posted. We do want to know how this one turns out, and if it's dealer or FR in where the problem lies.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:50 PM   #18

This is the response I received back from Mark Palmer at Forest River.
I told him that I would keep this in mind when I buy my next RV.

The unit is out of warranty , this is why the repair was rejected by warranty. Have a great day!!!

Thank You,
Have a Great Day!

Mark Palmer
Cherokee Warranty Representative
Phone: 260-593-4001
Fax: 574-970-6898
Email: cherokeewarranty@forestriverinc.com

Sent: Monday, March 09, 2015 4:37 PM
To: Mark Palmer
Subject: Re: 2014

Hi Mark
My last 7 of my VIN are X11-----.Thank you advance for your help.
Tim

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 9, 2015, at 10:49 AM, Mark Palmer <mpalmer@forestriverinc.com> wrote:

Thank you for your e-mail, if you would forward me the last 7 of the vin to your unit I will investigate this issue further, thanks

Thank You,
Have a Great Day!

Mark Palmer
Cherokee Warranty Representative
Phone: 260-593-4001
Fax: 574-970-6898
Email: cherokeewarranty@forestriverinc.com
Old 03-09-2015, 05:01 PM   #19
Site Team

I understand the unit has a one year warranty, but exactly when did you purchase it? It very well could have been returned to the dealer within that year limit with it being a 2014 model and you stated it was September of 2014 when returned.

Old 03-09-2015, 05:17 PM   #20

I just looked at my title and I purchased it 6-07-13 so it is out of warrantee. It's funny how the problem didn't show up until a year later. So it was three months past warrantee, I'm such a dummy. I'm being sarcastic. It is what it is.

Tags
frame, fresh water, water