Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2013, 07:19 PM   #1

Roof has a crack

Well just got the Georgetown 378XL 2012 all washed and clean up for the Florida trip the end of next month well may be not. When washing the roof I found a crack in the fiberglass roof all most all away a cross it stops about two inches from each side and its about eight inches in front of the sewer cap and where it stops on the passengers side it looks like is starting to go forward up the roof line. I emailed forest river this afternoon and waiting for answer. If any one has a contact number and name to call that would help out a lot. Thanks
sandpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:32 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Steve Stombaugh 574-206-7611 or April Connor at Forest River. I'd email them pictures if possible.

sstombaugh@forestriverinc.com

aconnor@forestriverinc.com

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:28 AM   #3

Thanks Charlie that info was very helpful
Old 09-28-2013, 10:42 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandpiper View Post
Well just got the Georgetown 378XL 2012 all washed and clean up for the Florida trip the end of next month well may be not. When washing the roof I found a crack in the fiberglass roof all most all away a cross it stops about two inches from each side and its about eight inches in front of the sewer cap and where it stops on the passengers side it looks like is starting to go forward up the roof line. I emailed forest river this afternoon and waiting for answer. If any one has a contact number and name to call that would help out a lot. Thanks
Sorry to hear about your crack in the roof.
Hopefully FR will repair but you probably have to take it to Elkhart Indiana.
I have the exact same year and model and will keep watching mine.
Just wonder why it does that and cracks. Bad/weak/thin material?
Let us know how things turn out and what they plan to do about it.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:17 PM   #5

I will Iggy. I sent Forest River pictures today. I have been watching your post on your 378 and they have been very helpful. Thanks
Old 09-28-2013, 08:49 PM   #6

We have a 2012 Georgetown 280DS my roof has 2 2inch cracks e-mailed April at forest river she wanted Pictures my Coach will be picked up from my house in Sparta NJ Forest River will return Coach to Sparta NJ .
April is GREAT she sure helpt me with a few proplems.
George
RED Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:39 AM   #7

I'm Like iggy I also have a 2012 378XL and will keep an eye on your post and on my roof. keep us posted.
&
Our Baby Dachshund
Cammie
ramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:02 PM   #8

HI Iggy& Sandpiper Since we use our Coach all winter Forest River and I agreed to have the work done in Spring .April did agree also and here Supervisor I have to make sure the crakes are sealed after each Trip .
George
2012 Georgetown 280DS 2002 Saturn LW200 Toad
Old 10-01-2013, 04:13 PM   #9

George Thanks for that info. I am working with Steve on this. I sent the pictures on Saturday and Monday he sent a email back saying he sent the pictures to his supervisor and would let me know what is going on by the end of the week. Where were you cracks located on your roof. Ivan
Old 10-02-2013, 08:00 AM   #10

Hi Sandpiper My crakes are in Front on the left side also have delamination on two corners of the Roof one on left rear and on left front.
April is great also Forest River nice People to deal with I,M sure thy will do everything to make you happy.
George
Old 10-02-2013, 03:08 PM   #11

I will 2nd on the fact that April is great at her job and will do everything to help customers.
&
Our Baby Dachshund
Cammie
ramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:25 PM   #12
Plain Old Member

Just 2 cents of info. Go over to the sunseeker section and look for the roof crack subject by 4gcamper. He had lots of small cracks in his brand new sunseeker. He went and had the roof sprayed at www.rvroof.com with great results, and FR footed the bill. In my opinion its a better roof system, but some like the fiberglass. Pretty much same thin fiberglass roof material on the sunseeker and forester as on the Georgetown. Both have had crack issues.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:49 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnD View Post
Just 2 cents of info. Go over to the sunseeker section and look for the roof crack subject by 4gcamper. He had lots of small cracks in his brand new sunseeker. He went and had the roof sprayed at www.rvroof.com with great results, and FR footed the bill. In my opinion its a better roof system, but some like the fiberglass. Pretty much same thin fiberglass roof material on the sunseeker and forester as on the Georgetown. Both have had crack issues.
I have seen this stuff installed at a campground.
Much thicker than I would have expected but very durable.
It was installed on a 1990ish Class C and took about 8 hours but they didn't remove the parts like the AC, antenna, etc. like The Florida site does.
$135 per ft can be a little expensive but worth every penny if you have an old unit or have had leak problems in the past.

Do they have operations around the country or just in Florida?
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:48 PM   #14

Well just to update everyone what is happening with my roof nothing. I sent Mr. Stombaugh the pictures of my roof on Saturday 9/28/13 on Monday 9/30/13 he sent me a email saying thank you for the pictures and he was waiting for an answer from his supervisor and I should have an answer by weeks end. Nothing was emailed back to me. So I emailed him back Monday 10/7/13 and ask if he got an answer from his supervisor and I new he was busy so let me know asap when he found out something and no response last week. Now I am getting frustrated. So tomorrow another email is going out to Steve. I guess I should have contacted April.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:56 PM   #15

Well got the good news today Forest River is fixing the roof got to take it to Elkhart in the spring. Thank you Steve.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:00 AM   #16

Could one of you with the cracks post some pictures.
I've been up there 5 or 6 times but wasn't looking for problems

most of the times.

note to Georgtownpa
We keep ours outside uncovered, pretty mild winter in N. Texas and pretty mild summer in S. Colorado in the summer.

Thanks
ab&jb
Old 10-21-2013, 07:45 PM   #17
eyc

Sandpiper, we just got our RV back today after a roof repair. I couldn't be happier with the finished product. In my case I had metal radius moldings down the sides and they reengineered the roof to wrap over the sides eliminating the seam that was there. While it was in the shop they looked for other issues and took care of them as well. For example the steps where a little loose so the replaced them. They had to keep the RV for about 2 months but for the job they did I was very happy. The whole service team was great, and I would have a hard time looking at another manufacture when I decide to replace this one.
eyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:34 AM   #18

Hi Sandpiper I,M so happy for you forest river took good care of you and you happy with the job thy did .Forest River is a great Company to deal with and I,m happy thy have APRIL on there team. My Roof will be replaced in Spring because we are using it over the Winter Months.
George
2012 280DS towing a 2002 Saturn 200 LW
Right now in Fl. and enjoying it
Old 10-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #19

Thanks for the info EYC that's good to here. RED Baron I have not taken mine in to get it fixed yet. I will be leaving November second to go to Florida and coming back March 10 then I take it in March 31. I was working with Steve to get mine fixed he is great to work with. I tried to post pictures but could not post being computer illiterate.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:31 AM   #20

subscribed

Tags
roo, roof